What If You Could Change The World… One Family At A Time Through –
The Greener Birth Initiative
The purpose of The InTune Mother Society (TIM) project is to improve and promote healthier outcomes for families and to reduce disparities through our five pillars of excellence. At the core of our culturally centered programs we exist to:
- Provide and environment that feels safe and community based
- Provide education for women and families in the stages of pregnancy, postpartum (including breastfeeding, nature based contraception and baby-wrapping) and parenting
- Provide economic solutions and support to accessible resources
- Provide entrepreneurial opportunities through community based training
- Provide pathways to social empowerment including housing and food sovereignty
>>>There is a time, when we have to identify, with problems head on. We started the #WeGrowHumans campaign because WE CARE!
- WE CARE: That Black/African American families are more likely to face social determinants of health due economic and social conditions that influence individual health in the state of Oklahoma.
- WE CARE: That Black/African American women are not encouraged to breastfeed, thus babies are 2 to 3 times more likely to die than babies born of other populations due to “First Food Desserts” in the state of Oklahoma.
- WE CARE: That Black/African Women in the Diaspora are uninformed about Nature Based contraception and are being bombarded with unsafe options right after childbirth, PERIOD!
Healing justice is in high demand and our program exists to make pregnancy, postpartum and parenting more sustainable for ALL.
Did you know that of the 800 women who die from pregnancy or childbirth-related complications around the world every day can be prevented. Almost all of these deaths occurred in low-resourced, underrepresented communities.